The deadline for applying to our Call for Proposals has passed. Please check back here in February 2023 for information about next year's call. Thank you very much!
Through our call for proposals, Teiger Foundation offers four grant opportunities for curator-led initiatives that involve contemporary visual art and artists. Teiger Foundation defines contemporary art as work created from the 1960s to today, and acknowledges a range of media and practices under the category of visual art. Eligible project formats include exhibitions, commissions, performances, public program series, related publications, and other curator-led initiatives that involve contemporary art and artists at non-profit organizations of all sizes.
Please download the text of our August 15th Information Session here.
Our Frequently Asked Questions have also been updated based on feedback from the session. We urge you to review them as we may have added details relevant to your application!
Deadline to apply: September 15 2022 at 5pm EDT
Panel meetings and selection: November 2022
Notification and announcement: February 2023
Start date for eligible projects: No earlier than May 2023 and no later than February 2025.
The application is in five parts and can be used by applicants in all categories. It is designed to be completed from the point of view of the curator or creative lead of the proposed project or program. We encourage you to prepare materials ahead of time and transfer them to the application form when you are ready to submit.
1. In 750 words and 10 images and captions, tell us about your project. If applying for a touring exhibition, tell us what makes it appropriate for your organization and how you will integrate it into its new context.
2. In 500 words and five links to materials related to it, tell us about a past curatorial project and your role in it. This should help us understand your main, new proposal.
3. In a project budget covering all costs related to your proposal, please include robust fees for artist(s) and collaborators. We strongly recommend W.A.G.E. compliance and, if applicable, suggest referencing the College Art Association Standards and Guidelines for Guest Curators.
4. A budget from your organization's current year is required. If applying as a partnership, submit only the lead partner’s budget.
5. Proof of 501(c)3 status is required. If a partnership, please submit the lead partner’s proof of 501(c)3 status only. Fiscally sponsored applicants must submit a written agreement that outlines the responsibilities and obligations of the fiscal sponsor and applicant.
Applicants can indicate their interest in participating in the Climate Action pilot on the last page of the application.